Congratulations! You've decided to take the next step and start comparing property management automation providers! What now?
Automation is here to stay (and continues to grow with the property management industry), but it is still a little bit new, and you may not be positive who you can trust to help you take your business to the next level. What do you need to consider when choosing an automation platform and provider?
'DIY' Versus 'DFY'
The DIY option is often cheaper. However, just as you remind property owner clients that it is best they leave the property maintenance to the pros, the same usually goes for property management company owners looking to fix the leak in their operations.
- A lot of time and money can be sunk into trying to build your own process automation when you're not a professional.
- Talk to other property managers that went the DIY route just like you'll interview process automation providers.
- This will help you confirm for yourself that you understand what you're undertaking.
We don't give this advice lightly. There's a lot of work that goes into implementing property management automation via the 'done for you' route. For most of our clients, DIY isn't even an option. Process automation takes a lot of time on the front end to save so much more and pay dividends on the investment after.
We've had clients come to us after trying to build their own systems; sometimes, it is best to just hire the pros from the start. Geekly Media creates, implements, and trains your team when you choose us as your automation team.
Do you want your property management software to talk to your automation solution seamlessly? We built the Bridge for that. Other automation solutions providers who don't have something like the Bridge have to 'duct tape' the automation to the property management software with a third party element. With that level of complication, a lot of things can break, require constant fixing, and costly repeat maintenance. We've been there, done that—and built a better way.
Without all the patch jobs, you might be able to find solutions that require manual transfers of information to work—which defeats the purpose of the automation to begin with. Trust us on this one: You'll want a solution that integrates with your property management software.
Our Bridge integrates with industry software for maximum results.
Growth and Stability
There are some good options that are relatively inexpensive that will need to be replaced in a couple of years if you're going to take property management automation seriously. These options either don't handle enough processes, have weak or limited integrations, or simply don't scale.
- We built our Property Management Operating System (PMOS) on the HubSpot ecosystem, a platform that scales from new businesses all the way to enterprise-level. From a few hundred doors to thousands, HubSpot scales with its users.
- Stability is another reason why Geekly Media builds our sales, enhanced reporting, operations, and marketing automations on HubSpot.
- State-of-the-art security, a customer success team like you wouldn't believe, and a well-tested system that benefits from thousands of users are additional benefits.
Why does this matter? HubSpot isn't new to the market: it is a tested and proven platform with raving fans and a huge base of supportive services to make your goals a reality.
Geekly Media has been in the industry fully automating property management operations, and we continue to innovate and invest in research and development to build better platforms for our clients.
Look for the Right Features
Other than workflow automation, what features should a property management automation platform have?
- A built-in CRM: This is a given because so many workflows depend on this.
- Analytics: Is process automation working? What are the results? If your automation doesn't come with good analytics, you should reconsider.
- Customization opportunities: After you've implemented best practices, is that it? Or can you keep going based on your unique business?
- An app: How much can you manage from the integrated app?
- Training and support: Will your team get full training along with their implementation? How much support can you expect, and for how long? Can you talk to an actual person after you sign up?
Let us show you these features—and more!
Ready for a Demo?
PMOS is a see-it-to-believe-it, industry-changing product. We'd love to show you how it works! You can book a discovery call with a member of our team if you would like to learn more about how we're building better tools for property managers. Plus, we can show you just how much you can save from adopting process automation in your property management business.
To get started, just book a meeting using the link below whenever is convenient for you.